This website (“website”) is provided by Rebecca Goodeve, a sole trader registered in England and whose registered office is at 3 – 5 Leigh Hill, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex SS9 2DR (“Rebecca Goodeve”, “myself”, “I” or “my” for short). “You” and “your” means you as the user of this website.
Use of this website
These terms and conditions together with the Privacy and Cookies Policy set out the rules for your use of the website and by accessing, browsing or otherwise using the website, you agree to these terms and conditions.
I will review and amend these terms and conditions from time to time so please check them regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the website following any changes indicates that you accept any changes to these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions were last updated in March 2018.
If you have any questions concerning these terms and conditions or the website, please write to myself at the postal address above or contact myself by email at [email protected].
All rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are expressly reserved by Rebecca Goodeve.
I am the owner or licensee of the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in and to the website and in all information, images and other content published on it (“my materials”). This excludes any content you submit to the website (“your content”) and such content submitted to the website by other users. Copyright © Rebecca Goodeve. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in and to my materials is expressly reserved to myself or my respective licensors.
I expressly claim ownership to and reserve all rights in and to the website domain name address, my logos, strap lines, “Rebecca Goodeve” and all other related trade marks service marks, trading names or other identifiers relating to my services. Other trade marks, products and company names mentioned on the website may be trade marks of their respective owners or licensors and the rights in such marks are expressly reserved to the respective owners or licensors.
You are granted a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable licence to access, browse and use the website and my content only: (i) for your own personal and non-commercial use and / or (ii) for existing and potential clients to access, research and / or evaluate services offered by Rebecca Goodeve. I may revoke this licence at any time without notice and at my complete discretion.
When you use the website and/or my materials, you must not reproduce, modify, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, frame, communicate to the public or circulate to any third party or otherwise exploit or use the website and/or my materials in any way except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions (including for any commercial purpose), without my express prior written consent.
Any permitted use of my materials is subject to you acknowledging that I am author of my material and website.
By submitting your content on the website you grant to myself and my group companies and affiliates, a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free licence (including full rights to sub-license) to use your content (including, without limitation, the right to adapt, alter, amend or change your content) in any media throughout the world without restriction, for any purpose connected with the promotion of the website or my company.
You hereby waive any and all moral rights and any other similar rights in any country in the world in connection with your content, to the greatest degree allowed by law.
Publication of your content will be at my sole discretion and I am entitled to refuse publication or to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to and/or after publication.
Although I have no obligation to moderate content on the website, I may monitor any information transmitted or received through the website. I may reject, block, suspend or remove your content at any time and in my sole discretion. I in no way guarantee that your content or any part of it will be displayed on the website.
Your content must:
- be your own work (or if not your own work, you should have obtained all necessary rights and permissions of the relevant author of the content to enable you to publish the work on the website);
- be accurate where it states facts;
- be genuinely held where it states opinions;
- clearly disclose any trade or professional relationship between you and the goods or services which are the subject of your content; and
- comply with applicable law in any country in which it is posted.
Your content must not:
- infringe any copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
- contain any personal information relating to any persons under 18;
- contain any malicious code, such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially harmful programs or material;
- contain any material which is defamatory of any other person;
- contain any material which is obscene or offensive;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- contain misleading or deceptive statements or omissions or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- falsely present that you are a consumer where you are not acting as a consumer;
- contain any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or other forms of solicitation or advertisement, whether commercial or otherwise;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- give the impression that your content emanates from myself where this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
If you find any content on the website to be in any way offensive, obscene, defamatory, racist, harmful, inaccurate, unlawful, infringing of any third party rights or otherwise unacceptable, please notify myself by emailing myself at [email protected] using the subject heading “Unacceptable content”.
I take complaints seriously and on receipt of your complaint I may at my discretion remove or block access to the content complained of and will investigate whether the content breaches my content standards or these terms and conditions.
Blogs and tweets
The views and opinions featured in the blogs and tweets on the website reflect the personal views and opinions of the individuals writing them and are not necessarily views and opinions which are shared by myself as a company. Further, the blogs and tweets on the website may contain links to or comments about third party websites, products or services (including recommendations and reviews) and nothing featured in this way should be construed as an endorsement of such websites, products or services by myself as a company.
Third party sites and content
The website and / or my materials published or available for download on the website may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided for your information only, and if you decide to visit any third party site or provide information to any third party website, you do so at your own risk. I have no control over the content of those sites, and I am not responsible for the content of any third party websites linked from the website. Links do not imply that I or the website are affiliated to or associated with such sites.
Linking to the website
I am happy for you to link to the home page of the website only, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage my reputation or take advantage of it. To avoid any doubt, you must not link to the website from a linking site which contains any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
You are not entitled to link to the website in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on my part where none exists. Please do not remove or obscure by framing or otherwise, advertisements, the copyright notice, or other information published on the website. The website must not be framed on any other site. I may withdraw linking permission at any time by notice to you.
Privacy and your personal data
The privacy of your personal information (such as your name, email address, address and other contact details) is important to myself. Please see my Privacy and Cookies Policy for details of how I may collect and process your personal information.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights, and nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude my liability for death or personal injury arising through negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, and/or anything else that cannot be excluded or limited by myself by law.
My materials displayed on the website are provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to their accuracy. To the fullest extent permissible by law:
- I shall not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your actions or inactions based on the materials and content available on the website;
- I shall not be liable for any loss caused as a result of any actions or inactions of the materials and content submitted by other users;
- I expressly exclude and disclaim all warranties, terms, conditions and representations that might otherwise be implied by law in relation to the website, my materials and/or all services supplied by myself in connection with the website. In particular I do not represent or warrant that the website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected;
- I do not accept liability for any failure to maintain the website and/or late or failed delivery of any materials. I may suspend access to the website periodically to carry out emergency or scheduled maintenance or for any other reason at any time; and
- I shall not be liable under these terms and conditions for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or otherwise (including without limitation loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill and/or wasted management or office time), however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if I have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If any of these terms and conditions are deemed by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable then suck invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions which shall remain in full force and effect.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Rebecca Goodeve against all losses, claims, or damages arising directly or indirectly from your unlawful, improper or unauthorised use of the website or my content.
You agree that you will do any and all acts and things and execute any and all documents that I may reasonably request or order to carry out the intended provisions of these terms and conditions.
Governing law and courts
These terms and conditions shall be governed by an construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions and the website.
Privacy and Cookies Policy
About this policy
This policy sets out how I will use and protect any information that you provide when you use this website. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) the data controller is Rebecca Goodeve, a sole trader in England whose registered office is at 3 – 5 Leigh Hill, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, SS9 1SJ.
Rebecca Goodeve may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Your continued use of the website following any changes indicates that you accept such changes. This policy was last updated in July 2015.
If you have any questions concerning this policy please contact myself by letter to the address above or email to [email protected]
What I collect
I may collect the following information:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on my site which may include name, job title, contact information including email address and demographic information such as postcodes;
- if you contact myself, I may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- details of your visits to my site and the resources that you access.
What I do with the information I gather
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- for internal record keeping;
- to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
- to send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which I think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- to ensure that content from my web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from myself or which I feel may interest you; and
- to notify you about changes to my service.
Disclosure to third parties
Rebecca Goodeve may disclose your information in the following instances:
- in the event that the business and assets of Rebecca Goodeve are merged with or sold to a third party in which case I may disclose your personal data to the merger partner or buyer of my business or assets;
- as required by applicable law or if Rebecca Goodeve is ordered to do so by a court or other similar body; or
- in order to enforce or apply my terms and conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Rebecca Goodeve, my clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The data that I collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to my site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information I will use my procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Cookies are small files of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually change your browser settings to prevent this. You have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies.
I use the following cookies on the site:
- a cookie is set which remembers your filter setting when viewing my product timeline; and
- to measure visitors to my website I use a service called Google Analytics which also sets a cookie (as explained below).
Deleting these cookies will not affect your experience of the website.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
The cookie used by my analytics provider (Google Analytics) will have the file name _ga. As it is named by Google Analytics, it may be subject to change without notification. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website (including your IP address) may be transmitted to and stored by Google Analytics on its servers in the EEA or the United States. It may use this information for the purposes of evaluating your use of this website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. My analytics provider may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law or where such third parties process the information on their behalf. For further information, please refer to www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You can restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; and
- if you have previously agreed to myself using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing myself at [email protected].
Please also note that comments posted on my blog articles while logged in via a social network such as Facebook or Twitter may be personally identifiable.
You can request details of personal information which I hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Rebecca Goodeve, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, SS9 2DR.
If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email myself at the above address. I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.